Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Artbead's CZ's!


I'm a fan of Artbead on Facebook, and had seen some of the creations bloggers had made using their CZ's. So I figured, what have I got to loose? I ordered the Olivine, Jet, Amethyst, Garnet and Peridot...and was quite impressed when they arrived.

Last Thursday my muse decided what I needed to do with the Garnet set I had ordered. Using a basket weave technique I created the pendant with Sterling Silver wire, and added Garnet & Citrine Beads prior to placing the final wires. The final embellishment was adding the largest Garnet CZ to the bottom point.

The earrings were made using a fun new tool by Swanstrom, that we ordered at the Catalog In Motion. It allows you to take soldered pieces and stretch it into shapes! Once the hearts were shaped, I added the Garnet CZ'z to them as well! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment