Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Spring Is Coming!


I love lampwork, it fascinates me...artists take glass rods and turn molten blobs into art! Lately I've been a big fan of Gems In Bloom... ttp://www.etsy.com/shop/gemsinbloom . Jacqueline's work is gorgeous.

Prior to our heading out to Tucson I was fortunate enough to snag the beauty on this necklace. She combine turquoise, and purple glass creating the floral bead you see. I knew I had to have it! =)

I wanted to create something with texture to highlight the beads beauty. So I fashioned a piece of Viking Knit, and then went about picking semi-precious beads. I selected Amethyst Nuggets, Turquoise Nuggets, Etched Jade, Textured Sterling Silver, Rose Bronze End Caps and a clasp from Jess Imports.

No comments:

Post a Comment