Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! In Tucson!

Sunday we headed to the Catalog In Motion to see RioGrande's goodies demonstrated.
First stop was the glass booth to watch Nate work magic with glass rods. Nate used to work downstairs where you go in to place orders or pick them up. He has moved upstairs in the building, and I miss his welcoming presence when we go in. Everyone else whom we encounter there is equally nice!
Next in line was to see Judy demonstrate the Kumihimo disc by BeadSmith. When we walked over to her booth, she was demonstrating pearl knotting...she's a whiz at it! Come to find out, she taught a couple of classes prior to the showroom opening. Once I saw the cool things you could make, I had to get the set of Kumihimo gadgets.
Off we went to drool over the big boy toys! We saw rolling mills and all kinds of high gadgets that turn your creative styles into magic.
On the back aisle was a very nice young lady demonstrating the UltraSonic Cleaners. She asked if I might have any jewelry I might want cleaned, and I promptly handed her my wedding ring set. After a few minutes she removed them, my eyes widened! Then she dried them a bit, and finished polishing the bands with SunShine Clothes. OMG! My rings looked so good, and the dirt she removed was amazing! =) I bet you know what we ordered!
We continued walking past yet more high tech toys, we were headed towards the Swanstrom booth because Judy told us we needed to see the new tools! She was right! We watched the gentleman demonstrate the Swanstrom Link Forming Pliers Kit. He took metal that had been soldered into rings, and stretched it into various shapes. One of the items he showed us was a chain he made, it was gorgeous! The possibilities were endless, right down to making earring components. You know we had to have that tool!
Then we turned to watch a gentleman at the stone setting booth, he had some gadgets Dave ordered for his Foredom.
On the way to the line where you place your order I ran into Dave Arens as he compiled his list of wants. He is such an awesome tool designer, and very nice! =)
When I did get in line the first person I saw was one of the young ladies that works where you place your orders at Rio! =) I believe it was Amber, I often confuse her with the young lady who has a desk to her left.
Everyone at RioGrande is awesome! =)
It was still raining when we left but, it wasn't going to slow me down.
We headed back to The Best Bead Show for several reasons!
One being wanting to to get some of the "new" Ultra Swarovski Crystals from Betcey of Beyond Beadery. The colors will blow your mind, they are very retro and blingy! I picked up the lime, blue and purple. The orange was calling out to me but, I figured I can get them in Santa Fe at Bead Fest if they still do. =) Pink was another option but, it's not one of my must have colors.
We said our good-byes to AJ, Nikia, Betcey, Beki and Shawn, it was good seeing friends...some of which I only get to see once a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment