Search This Blog

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Tucson 2010!

Tuesday, February 2 Dave and I hit the road before the sun came up. Typically I hate being awake that early, and I do mean hate.
We saw remnants of snow on the ride down the 25. On the way down we stopped in Demming for a late breakfast. It felt good to get out and stretch. Plus I find the people in Demming to be exceptionally nice.
Once back on the road we drove through Hatch, the chilie pepper capital! =) It's such a laid back cute little place, with Ristas hanging everywhere!
We got into Tucson slightly after 1:00, and checked in. After grabbing some fast food we headed to a favorite show of mine, the To Bead True Blue Show.
Once at To Bead True Blue I knew I wanted to visit Beaducation because Lisa has cool stuff, and Lisa is cool. Although she was at lunch we chatted with the ladies manning the booth, and discovered a texture hammer we didn't have...much to my surprise! =D
There are so many cool things at this particular show from faceted gem beads, luscious lampwork, wire, Swarovski Crystals, findings and more!
I did shop one of my favorite Los Angeles based vendors, BeadsUNeed...for some Swarovski Crystals and the new Coral Pearls. Oh and I picked up two of the new colors from Parawire in 28 gauge.
Walking through the show we stopped in TierraCast®, they're new skulls with larger holes, and Day Of The Dead items rock!
I saw some nice Lucite at this particular show also but, like last time I'm afraid it will be too trendy...so I avoided temptation.
It was time to return to our retreat and collapse, Wednesday was the opening of The Best Bead Show...I needed to rest up!

No comments:

Post a Comment