Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

BFAC Piece For Next Year...


Beading For A Cure is a very worthy cause which allows me to stretch my boundaries. Those who participate work with the same basic kit of beads. We are allowed to add elements within certain restrictions.

Once we complete our pieces within the time frame allotted, off they go in the mail to be photographed.

So far I've added a porcelian focal around which I've added bead work. And an 18mm Ultra Purple AB Swarovski Rivoli with bead work framing it as well.

My focal has a little more embellishing coming up, and one more beaded slider will be added.
You will notice two beaded beads, which I've made using Barb Switzer's Greek Math Bead instructions to make them. It's all about texture!

The remainder of the necklace will be sections of peyote.

I'm becoming attached to the piece as I work on it, which is a good thing. Why? Because the pieces that steal a part of me have brought in high bids in the past.

The money raised from the auctions are donated in honor of Layne. Although I never had the honor of chatting with her, she's is part of my life.

1 comment:

  1. That is gorgeous! I do love the colors they chose this year.

    ReplyDelete