Search This Blog

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mixed Media Ring




Week three of The Year Of Jewelry revolves around using different materials. I have succeeded at tube riveting but, not much at riveting with solid metal. Since I am recovering from an eye infection, I wanted to test myself due to my eye feeling immensely better! Word to the wise, never let something like an eye infection go untreated by a professional!
After punching a copper disc, I added three tube rivets...and removed part of the copper. The ring band was then fashioned and, a piece of 18 gauge wire was soldered in place. After a little clean up, the pieces were layered onto the post. Once the 18 gauge wire post was trimmed to within 1/16 inches, the exposed wire was flattened with a riveting hammer! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment