Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Amethyst and Pearl Victorian Style Earrings


Juicy amethyst briolettes...mMm!

Freshwater pearls...mMm!

Green apatite...mMm!

Which brings to mind a discussion I had with a vendor at a gem & mineral show. I asked a young woman who was assisting the vendor if they had any green apatite. "Oh no we don't...the natural color for apatite is blue, we have strands of blue". As she shows me the strands of the "natural" blue she states "as you see there are various shades of blue and green on the strand". I'm thinking "but you said...". *rolling eyes*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apatite Lesson to be learned? =)

2 comments:

  1. I like this grate and very cute pearl earrings.This earrings is one of best patterns of jewelry.I love this victorian style earrings.

    amethyst ring

    ReplyDelete