Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Collaboration...



In 2005 I came across two groups on Delphi with the most amazing, sharing and talented jewelry artists. I was in the "getting my feet wet" stages of jewelry, not knowing nearly as much as some of them! I still check in daily with my friends in All About Beads and Creative Wire Jewelry. I feel blessed that some of them have become long time friends. =)

Bev Choy is an amazing artist! She is known for her beyond beautiful bead work! If you have not seen it you are missing some serious eye candy! http://vampsart.com Recently she asked if I would wire wrap a few of her glass cabs...glass is her newest endeavor. It was such a natural progression for her and makes sense. Like any other jewelry artist, she wanted to step up her game!

This particular cab shows it's beauty best in your hand. The colors shift and pop as the light hits the cab! =) It was the subtle flashes of green that made me want to add Ernite AB Swarovski rounds to the wire frame.

It felt a little scary going back to my roots of wire wrapping a cab...it was a feeling of being a fish out of water. I only hope I've done it justice!

2 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous piece of glass. You did it justice!

    ReplyDelete