Search This Blog

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Summer Solstice Earrings




I love it when the challenges I participate in coincide theme wise! Both Year Of Jewelry...
http://www.bleilysgems.com/YearofJewelry2011/ and the color challenge group on Facebook revolve around Summer!
The color challenge group gives you a palette of colors. This particular palette embraced a sunset.
My earrings are woven with 14k gold filled wire on sterling silver frames. I did this to capture the warmth of the sun.
To pull in the rich saturated hues of a sunset, I added amethyst briolettes. From the bottom sterling silver chain I added AB2X Fire Opal Swarovski Crystals. I still have vivid memories of Beki Haley's excitement when I purchased them! Both Beki and Shawn are the sweetest people you could meet! www.whimbeads.com I wish I could capture the beautiful flash of color the way Shawn would.
On the sterling silver chain closet to the earring, I've added Padparadscha Swarovski Crystals.
I must say the earrings were beautiful in the New Mexico sun! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment