Search This Blog

Friday, July 8, 2011

Beer Quartz Bling!



One of the most important things Lisa Claxton taught me was...look at a piece...figure out what it takes to get there. When you stop and think about it...that's where inspiration comes from. It gives you the necessary building blocks to create your own design. You've got to ask yourself "what if I...?".

That being said I have a "what if I...?" in these earrings. In doing so I found out I need to practice my math skills!

The sterling silver frame is woven together with 14k gold filled wire. Rose gold plated chain and 10k gold filled chain were added to the weaving process.

Now the reason for the color story!

The color challenge group I participate in has a color palette to cleanse our Muse's taste buds this time around. I have stretched it a bit by adding the focal brio you see.

It is a rich Beer Quartz brio...sometimes called Whiskey Quartz. When I saw the strand at a Rings&Things trunk show...well I had to have them! http://www.rings-things.com

The embellishments on the gold chain consist of creamy freshwater pearls, crystal Swarovski bicones and crystal copper Swarovski rounds!

When I think about it...I have created a Caramel Macchiato in jewelry! =)

2 comments: