Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2011

Berry Leather Earrings

It's that time of year when we start seeing leather fashion in the stores and online. When it comes to jewelry, it has become a mainstay for some artists. About a year ago I had noticed a trendy bracelet by an artist that had a uni-sex appeal. 
I wanted to kick it up a notch and, designed a necklace with black leather that is in the Step by Step Wire Oct/Nov 2011 issue.
Recently I ordered some metallic leather from Leather Cord USA! It was hard to choose but...I will obtain more colors!
It just happened that the color theme group on Facebook opted for blueberry and grape for this weeks challenge. Go figure I ordered "Berry Metallic" cord!
The 2mm leather is captured with 18 gauge wire...woven together with 26 gauge.
Juicy amethyst briolettes are framed with sterling silver chain. Swarovski crystals in various shades of purple pull in additional bling!

4 comments:

  1. Smart move to add the leather, I like the mixed media approach:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I certainly love the idea. The leather is very well incorporated. I haven't noticed it actually. I love the color palette as well. Very pretty.
    xoxo
    Jade Experts

    ReplyDelete