Search This Blog

Friday, October 7, 2011

Asian Waves Necklace...

It is a beautiful time of year in New Mexico! Balloon Festival is happening and the weather is gorgeous in my opinion. We are catching up on much needed rain and the air feels crisp! =)


What does this mean? It means it's perfect for soldering and creating in the garage! =)
The cab is a beautiful agate that I acquired from http://www.cabochon.ws/



The owners are the sweetest people and have a presence on Facebook.
My muse had me picking up the cab, holding it this way and that way. Then the light bulb turned on! The pattern in the agate reminded me of a piece of Asian art which depicted waves. =)

The copper which is sweat soldered onto sterling silver, is textured to mimic the motion of cresting waves.
To play off the earthy red in the cab, I combined brown metallic leather, silver metallic leather and smooth black leather for the neck cord.

No comments:

Post a Comment