Search This Blog

Friday, October 12, 2012

Onyx and 223 Brass

Today I put the finishing touches on a piece I started yesterday. I had pulled the faceted Onyx cab out a couple of weeks ago, with the intent to create a pendant. Other things distracted my muse, totally normal.
On Monday we had made a trip to our local Sheplers to shop for boot socks. Afterward we headed to Sportsman Warehouse. At Sportsman Warehouse I picked up .38 brass to make jewelry. And it hit me, the vision for the pendant lit up my muse!
The necklace and earrings sporting the Remmington 223 brass came to life! 
After taking photos of the set, Mr. Sunshine went into hiding! So I decided to play with Picasa and created the video! =) I have been practicing making collages as well!

2 comments:

  1. The combination of onyx and brass is magic, and I really, really love the patina on those earrings!

    ReplyDelete