Search This Blog

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Exploring Paracord

Every once in a Blue Moon, my Muse get's in a funk. To entice her, I venture out of my usual comfort zone. I searched the net for instructions on Chinese Knots, not finding exactly the kick she needed.
While out running errands, we went into JoAnn Fabrics. My intention was to purchase some silk cord for Kumihimo, it's on my bucket list to learn.
We wandered the aisles, my husband drew my attention to a book on Paracord. I've made the typical bracelets but, had seen work incorporating the cord into necklaces.
Working with the knot in the book published by www.d-originals.com was relaxing. It has sparked ideas for more pieces, using other mediums!
The Paracord I used combines two colors, turquoise and green. To highlight the colors in the cord, I added a beautiful chunk of Turquoise. Turquoise and Bright Green Leather were used to finish off the necklace.

1 comment: