Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Getting My Boho Chic On!

 Spring has sprung in Albuquerque!
Up until yesterday it was short weather but, I don't mind the slightly cooler temperatures.

My muse has been in Spring mode since we returned from Tucson. Once I can get her to settle on a color story, I take advantage of creating a piece.
Sometimes the color stories come from magazine articles I read. One example is an article that showed examples of pairing Buttercup Yellow with other colors.
My Citrine Boho Necklace was created based on the pairing of Buttercup Yellow with Linen.

To do so I paired Citrine with Yellow Jade and Mother of Pearl.
The skies in New Mexico are quite beautiful.
Inspiration for my Chalcedony & Leather Necklace came to me while out running errands. Just one glance at the skyline and, I knew what I wanted to do.
The Chalcedony focal is a beautiful shade of blueish purple. It paired nicely with the Chalcedony beads I picked up in Tucson. They remind me of the Sandia Mountains that frame Albuquerque, topped with fluffy clouds in the sky.
Both pieces were completed with braided Buttercream Leather.

No comments:

Post a Comment